A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy technology industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a Microsoft/NVIDIA gaming deal and a tool to verify ChatGPT responses.
With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the business technology industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Microsoft and NVIDIA announce expansive new gaming deal
The partnership will bring a blockbuster lineup of Xbox games, including Minecraft, and Activision titles like Call of Duty, to NVIDIA GeForce NOW cloud gaming service.
- JustAnswer Launches Easy Tool to Immediately Verify ChatGPT-Generated Responses Via a Vetted Human Expert
Once a user submits their GPT answer, JustAnswer analyzes the response and determines how to categorize it. The user will then be connected with a JustAnswer expert in that category who will then review the GPT answer and provide feedback on its accuracy.
- Marriott International Joins the Internet Watch Foundation; Deploys Cisco Technology to Combat Online Child Sexual Abuse Material
As part of this initiative with the IWF, Marriott is working with Cisco to implement its security technology to block access to webpages containing child sexual abuse materials on the IWF’s blocked URL list.
- Bain & Company announces services alliance with OpenAI to help enterprise clients identify and realize the full potential and maximum value of AI
The global partnership combines the power of OpenAI’s industry-leading AI technology advancements with Bain’s world-renowned capabilities in strategy and digital application delivery; The Coca-Cola Company was announced as the first company to engage with the alliance.
- NBA and Cosm Announce Multi-Year Partnership to Bring Live Immersive Games in 8K to New Experiential Venues
Cosm will produce and present select games from NBA League Pass, the league’s out-of-market live game streaming service, in immersive 8K on large-scale LED-dome systems at its forthcoming venues.
- Cochlear announces audio streaming from Amazon Fire TV devices for hearing implant users
The advancement represents the first time that a smart TV device will stream sound directly to a hearing implant sound processor.
- O’Shaughnessy Ventures Awards Its First Two $100,000 Equity-Free Fellowships
Dr. William Zeng will use the grant to pursue open-source quantum computing. Nat and Martha Sharpe will use the grant to study and make documentary films of alternative childhood education schools.
- RMS Titanic, Inc., VSFG, and Artifact Labs Partner To Bring The Titanic Into Web3 This creative project will place the legacy of the Titanic in the hands of the global public by preserving assets from the ocean liner as immutable NFTs and by allowing inclusive participation in RMST, which holds the exclusive rights to recover artifacts from the wreck site.
- Mercedes-Benz and Google Join Forces to Create Next-Generation Navigation Experience
Mercedes-Benz plans to build its own branded navigation using new in-car geospatial data and navigation capabilities from Google Maps Platform.
- UL Solutions Expands its ESG Advisory and Assurance Practice to Help Companies Navigate Growing Complexities
This new practice will empower companies with a pragmatic, science-driven approach to ESG management and a worldwide network of UL Solutions domain experts to help guide their progress.
Read more of the latest business technology releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtech on Twitter.
In addition to these popular releases, several must-read earnings reports crossed the wire this week, including the quarterly results for Garmin, Palo Alto Networks, and Wix.
Catch up on all the latest earnings reports here.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.